21 GREAT ANSWERS to Tough Interview Questions » https://passmyinterview.com/21-great-...
Get the TRANSCRIPTION for this VIDEO here: https://www.how2become.com/blog/7-top...
INTERVIEW QUESTION 1. TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF?
- Concentrate on telling them about your work-related skills as opposed to your home life. They are not interested in your home life.
- Download a copy of the person specification for the job and focus on telling them how your skills and attributes match the document.
- Use “power words” in your response, such as: motivated, enthusiastic, loyal, flexible, committed, honest, hard-working, adaptable etc. These will resonate positively with the interview panel.
INTERVIEW QUESTION 2. WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK HERE?
- Tell them about the preparation work you have done in the build-up to the interview.
- Focus on the person specification, the job description and information you have gleaned from the company’s website and also the literature you have studied during your research.
INTERVIEW QUESTION 3. WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS?
- Again, focus on the person specification for the role you are applying for.
- Say something different that makes you stand out from the other job applicants. Give an example of why you are better than the other applicants and try to make yourself RELATABLE and REAL!
INTERVIEW QUESTION 4. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS' TIME?
- Don’t tell them you plan to have moved on from their company, either internally or externally.
- Loyalty is very important to the vast majority of employers. Remember, they have to spend time, money and resources training you up in the role, so they will want to see a return on their investment.
- Don’t tell them you want to be sitting where they are!
INTERVIEW QUESTION 5. WHAT ARE YOUR WEAKNESSES?
- Anyone who tells the interview panel they have no weaknesses is telling porkies! We all have weaknesses.
- Don’t give a weakness that is one of the key requirements of the role. For example, if punctuality and good timekeeping are important, don’t tell the panel you struggle getting out of bed in the morning!
QUESTION 6. WHAT MAKES A GOOD TEAM MEMBER?
- List the qualities I am going to give you in the sample answer that follows.
- Back up your answer with a specific example of when YOU have worked well as part of a team using the STAR technique.
INTERVIEW QUESTION 7. WHEN HAVE YOU WORKED UNDER PRESSURE?
- Try to give an example of when you have carried out a difficult/pressurised task under strict time constraints.
- Give a specific example and don’t forget to use the STAR technique in your response.