This gorgeous chocolate pecan pie will be the perfect dessert to finish off any dinner with a flair. Lauren Chattman from Pillsbury shows how to make this extra special chocolate pecan pie.
Recipe: How to make chocolate pecan pie
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie pan as directed on package for one-crust filled pie.
2. Tuck the edge of the crust underneath all the way around. Use a fork to make a herringbone design in the crust. Do this by pressing the fork into the crust at adjacent diagonals all the way around.
3. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs; beat well. Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping. Stir in remaining chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans. Spread evenly in crust-lined pan.
4. Bake at 325°F. for 55 to 60 minutes or until deep golden brown and filling is set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
5. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In small microwave-safe bowl, melt reserved 2 tablespoons chocolate chips in microwave oven on MEDIUM for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir.
6. Dip each of 10 pecan halves in chocolate. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
7. Garnish pie with whipped cream and chocolate-dipped pecans.
Pillsbury's chocolate pecan pie recipe serves ten.