The Three Peaks Cyclocross, 2016 (Yorkshire Dales), Sunday 25/9/2016
Today’s race was a humdinger.
Muddy conditions meant lots of unseated riders, fortunately no one seriously hurt, but a great spectacle.
These riders must be the ultimate athletes.
38 miles race total incl, 22miles off-road over the Three Peaks of Yorkshire. (Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen Y Ghent)
5000 feet of ascent and descent on a road bike, no suspension, drop handlebars and skinny tyres.
5 miles of upward carry.
The winner in under 3 hours!! Unbelievable, but true.
Pain is only temporary! Quitting lasts forever!
Three Peaks Cyclocross 2016
1. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing) 2:58.30
2. Rob Jebb (Hope Factory Racing) 2:59.06
3. Nick Craig (Scott Racing) 3:07.28
4. Gary Macdonald (Hope Factory Racing) 3:11.53
5. Adrian Lansley (Pedal on) 3:11.59
6. Ben Bardsley (Cyclewise Altura) 3:12.09
7. Alex Forrester (Zepnat RT) 3:12.31
8. Ian Taylor (C and N Cycles) 3:12.33
9. David Mirfield (Ride on Bike Shop) 3:12.35
10. Nic Smith (Moonglu) 3:13.13
1. Delia Beddis (Vicious Velo) 4:06.25
2. Verity Appleyard (Brotherton Cycles) 4:06.48
3. Sarah Barber (North Hampshire RC) 4:13.08
Well done and many thanks to all the sponsors,organisers, marshals and volunteers that make this fantastic race happen every year.
The last Sunday in September. See you next year.
Music by Morcheeba