TEC-IT's Android app GetBlue is able to capture data from camera scanner apps and from external Bluetooth or TCP/IP devices. The captured data can be forwarded to arbitrary targets for further processing. In this video we want GetBlue to scan barcodes with the camera barcode scanner and to transfer the data via Bluetooth to a connected PC.
To receive the scanned barcodes with a PC, we use TEC-IT's keyboard wedge software TWedge. By default, TWedge displays the data and transforms received bar-codes into keystrokes (keyboard wedge mode). The data appears like manual user input to target applications like Microsoft Excel. TWedge can also be configured to store the bar-codes directly in a database or to a text file.
GetBlue is a versatile Android application for bi-directional data acquisition: GetBlue collects data from Bluetooth SPP, TCP/IP, HTTP and camera scanners automatically in the background. The captured data is forwarded to adjustable target devices, files, online spreadsheets or even injected into 3rd party applications. Bi-directional device communication is supported, manual communication functions for reading and writing data are available as well.
The data acquisition app GetBlue can be operated like a cross-switch: it captures data from an adjustable data source and forwards it to any supported target. The following devices and protocols are currently available:
* Bluetooth SPP and Bluetooth RFCOMM All serial Bluetooth devices supporting the Serial Port Profile (like SPP or RFCOMM barcode scanners) can be used. GetBlue supports Bluetooth client and Bluetooth server mode, thus device as well as PC connections are possible.
* TCP/IP Any device providing a raw TCP/IP socket.
* HTTP HTTP GET and HTTP POST requests with adjustable parameters.
* Camera scanners GetBlue offers an internal barcode scanner. External scanner apps can be used if required.
* Manual data input Device commands can be entered manually.
Try it yourself! Download GetBlue from Android Market. A full version and a free demo are available!