Ever wanted to speed up your idevice by up to 60%, and do it safely? NOW YOU CAN! By removing launch daemons/language packs and adding a virtual memory mod (somewhat dangerous)!
**Hey guys after LOADS of testing this method ISN'T safe for your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad if you don't know what you're doing**! If that's the case please add the source: http://cydia.xsellize.com/ and download disable daemons from that source**
**All methods tested on iPhone/iPod Touch, however the Virtual Memory Mod hasn't fully been tested on an iPad**
More info about Launch Daemons: Daemons are little processes that start up along with your device and deleting them forces them to not start up until the user executes that app/process! It also allows apps like sbsettings to end those processes if they aren't active! It is completely safe (if you know what you're doing) and reversible! In order to reverse it just copy your backup daemons to the directory!
More info on language packs: Language packs are dictionaries for all SUPPORTED languages (there are tons!) that are stored on you idevice...
More info on Virtual Memory: Virtual memory mods take a part of your hard drive and set it aside and then re-write over that part of you hard drive and uses it as RAM! SIMILAR to a Paging File on your computer! This can be dangerous! However, most people seem to think that your device wont show any harmful side effects unless you constantly use your device with the memory mod for 5 years!
**Must have OpenSSH, and a SSH client on computer and mobile terminal (I got over the installation for that later)!**
Steps (for removing Daemons):
1. SSH into device
2. Navigate to /system/library/launchdaemons
3. Make a new folder and call it whatever you want and then copy all files inside of LaunchDaemons to it
4. Duplicate folder
5. Save one folder somewhere safe (just in case you need to put daemons back on device)
6. Inside of duplicated folder remove all the Daemons you don't want ( look at this website to determine them: http://xsellize.com/topic/52908-speed... )
7. Delete ALL files inside of LaunchDaemons on your device
8. Then copy over the Launch Daemons you left inside of that folder to your device
9. Move on to installing terminal and removing language packs if you wish or reboot
Steps (for installing Terminal):
1. Download MobileTerminal from this website: http://www.mediafire.com/?z1m2dwzzdmm
Alternate Terminal Link: http://depositfiles.com/files/ec6ffhi28
2. Navigate to /tmp on your iDevice and place the file there (it's best if you rename it to something you can remember)
3. Open up the terminal in your SSH client
4. Execute this command: dpkg -i /tmp/name.deb **Note that you must replace name with whatever you named your file!**
5. Move on to installing the virtual memory mod, or reboot
Steps (for removing Language Packs):
1. Download one of two files: both of which are found on Xsellize at this source: http://xsellize.com/topic/50783-langp...
2. Name it whatever you want
3. SSH into device and navigate to var/mobile
4. Place file in that directory and go into the properties of that file, then set the permissions to 0755 (if your SSH client doesn't support a 0 then just put 755)
6. Open mobile terminal on iDevice then type the following commands (note that xxxx stands for what you renamed your language pack remover):
7. Follow the prompts it gives you
8. Reboot device
Steps (for installing a Virtual Memory Mod):
1. Open Cydia go to sources, edit, add and add this source: http://gumballtech.com/cydia/
2. Download iMemory Enhancer
3. Exit Cydia and REBOOT
4. RESPRING once you have rebooted
5. Swipe over in SBSettings and go to processes and free memory (if your device has over 50MB of available RAM on your iPhone/iPod touch then just launch an App that takes up some ram then try freeing memory!)
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE! It would mean a lot!
WinSCP Download: http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
ALSO BIG THANKS TO XSELLIZE!
I will NOT be held responsible for anything that COULD go wrong with your iDevice! If the instructions are not followed EXACTLY then you could possibly harm your iDevice!