Upload

Loading...

Peter's Story

14,594

Loading...

Loading...

Transcript

The interactive transcript could not be loaded.

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Oct 4, 2010

The City of Madison Common Council unanimously passed a new smoke alarm ordinance in March 2009. The ordinance was named in memory of Peter Talen. Peter was 23 when he died in a fire at 123 North Bedford on November 18, 2007. There was only one working smoke alarm in the two-story house. He was one of 5 people to die in fires in Madison that year.

Peter had been a student at UW-La Crosse. He was visiting his brother, a UW-Madison student, for the weekend.

Peter's family and friends have worked tirelessly to advocate for fire safety and increase public awareness of the importance of working smoke alarms.

Peter's Story is part of their effort to remember Peter, and reach out to young people with lessons learned from their experience.

This program was written and directed by James A. Jorstad, and produced by Academic Technology Services

  • Category

  • License

    • Standard YouTube License

All Comments

Comments are disabled for this video.
When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...