Loading...

Redesigning My Homemade Subwoofer

26,208 views

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Aug 31, 2008

This is showing the process of me redesigning this sub. I had to do this because fits in the enclosure way better, the old one didn't fit because the cutout diameter was 1/4" too wide and the tape holding the rubber bands that I used for a spider came loose and the surround had air leaks in it. This one is better designed. The surround is taller so it can handle more excursion.

If someone wants make one, these are the materials I used but you can try different materials if you want.

Cone and basket - foam board(very stiff and very light)

surround - duct tape

spider - file folder

voice coil bobbin - paper towel roll

voice coil wire - 26AWG enamel coated wire(from Radio Shack)

glue - hot glue and gorilla glue

Loading...

When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...