Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Sep 24, 2019
In this video, we cover common legal details young producers go through with the help of Canadian lawyer Mark Quail who has a lot of experience and understanding of the underground music. Mark has worked with artists such as Richie Hawtin and Mathew Jonson as well as multiple labels.
Topics covered: 1. What are the main things a young artist should look into before signing with a label? How does a young artist manage a no-contract situation?
2. Are contracts essentials and what happens if there is no contract?
3. What can you do when the label isn't helping or responding anymore?
4. How does an artist can deal with digital stores selling music but you're not getting paid?
5. As one might want to start a label, what does he should be looking into to start it properly?
6. Sampling: What are the boundaries and risks of doing edits and releasing them (even for free)?