Loading...

Junk parts weather vane - whirligig?

5,422 views

Loading...

Loading...

Transcript

The interactive transcript could not be loaded.

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Jun 20, 2010

A quick project from a burnt out fan. I might use the copper wire from the motor for another project. I cut a 1 by 2 board to make the arm and the stake. The bolt to the back of the fan is a 5/8 inch and it is fitted in the only part I did not already have - a small piece of pipe. That ran me about $5. The sheet metal tail was scrape already on hand. This might just travel with me when I help my wife with "Space Science Camp" this summer to indicate to the kids in what direction the wind might have taken their rockets.
After I decided to use some wire ties to hold this together, it took less then 10 minutes to complete. It took longer to upload the video than it took to make.

I used this blade because of its bad balance, but I have another I am thinking of using with a small DC motor to charges some 1.2 volt batteries for night time lighting of the small garden area in this video.

Loading...

When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...