Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Feb 2, 2011
Part of a Complete Tune-up processor for the Chevrolet LT1(VIN P) and L99(VIN W). HERE we inspect all the moving a friction parts for functionality.
Opti-spark trouble codes 1992-95 * Code 16 - sets if PCM detects high-resolution timing signal, but no low resolution spark signal. Engine will not start while code 16 is set.
* Code 36 - sets if PCM detect low resolution spark plug signal, but no high resolution timing signal. Engine will start while code 36 is set, but performance and fuel economy will be adversely affected.
* Code 41 - sets if PCM senses the ignition control circuit is open, or shorted to voltage while cranking. Engine will not start while code 41 is set.
* Code 42 - sets if PCM senses a grounded ignition circuit while cranking. Engine will not start while code 42 is set.
Opti-spark OBD-II diagnostic trouble codes * P0323 - sets if the PCM detect an interruption in either the low or high resolution signal.
* P0335 - sets if the PCM receives no signal from the crankshaft position (CMP) sensor or if the signals from the CMP sensor and low resolution distributor are significantly asynchronous.
* P0336 - stes if the PCM sensor and low resolution distributor signal are only slightly asynchronous.
* P0372 - sets if the PCM sensor and low resolution pulses but no high resolution pulses.
* P1351 - sets if the PCM detects voltage on the ignition control circuit that exceeds 4.6 volts while cranking.
* P1361 - sets if the PCM detect 84 crankshaft revolution without any ignition control activity during cranking.
* P1371 - stes if the PCM detects too many high resolution pulses before detecting any low resolution pulses.
Opti-spark EST circuit. The PCM combines the camshaft position information with other system parameters to calculate the required spark advance and coil dwell. Opti-spark ignition system do not have a bypass circuit in the ignition module or the PCM. All ignition timing is controlled by the PCM. The PCM signalz the ignition module through the EST circuit by grounding the primary circuit that supplies current to the ignition coil, aopti-spark system do not have a base timing adjustment. Timing advance and retart is PCM controlled and factory set.
Opti-spark ignition control module (ICM) and Coil Assembly The Opti-spark ignition control module (ICM) and high-output coil assembly are mounted as one unit. The resistance specification for the coil are:
* PRIMARY - 0.3 to 1.3 ohms *SECONDARY - 5.0 to 7.0 ohms
Found on Chevy Camaro, caprice and corvette,Pontiac Firebird Trans-am,Buick Roadmaster Wagon,Cadillac