Takikomi Gohan is flavored steamed rice. Gomoku means the rice is cooked with 5 ingredients.
The recipe is very easy! You just cut ingredients and cook in a rice cooker. It's my darling's favorite dish!!!
Currently 40 people photo reported me and said it was good. Please scroll down the page to view the photos.
For the seasoning, I used Nagasawake Sauce（長澤家 万能つゆ）.
It's a versatile sauce (like mentsuyu) made of natural & domestic ingredients.
Nagasawake is famous for Japanese cooking channel on YouTube, as you know ;)
Tuna Gomoku Takikomi Gohan
Time: 5min + rice cooking time
Number of servings: 4
suihanki (Japanese rice cooker)
2 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
80g (3oz.) tuna in oil
50g (1.7oz.) carrot
5g (0.2oz.) sliced dried shiitake mushrooms
100g (3.5oz.) takenoko (bamboo shoots)
1 abura-age (fried tofu)
* 2 tbsp. Nagasawake Sauce **
* 1 tbsp. sake
1. Wash rice and leave for about 30 minutes.
2. Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in water until they become soft (or microwave for 2 minutes). Pour hot water over the abura-age (fried tofu) and wrap in paper towel to remove any excess water. Cut carrot, takenoko (bamboo shoots), and fried tofu into short and thin strips.
3. Place the rice and water (to the correct water level) in a Japanese rice cooker, then add A and tuna with its oil, and mix well. Put shitake mushrooms, fried tofu, carrot and takenoko on top and close the cooker and switch it on.
4. When it's done, don't open and leave it for about 10 minutes to blend the flavor.
5. Open, mix well, and serve!
** You can substitute Nagasawake Sauce with 50cc 3 times concentrated Yamasa Konbu Tsuyu
Nagasawake Sauce 長澤家の万能つゆ *only available in Japan
You can make the sauce from scratch!
Yamasa Konbu Tsuyu ヤマサ 昆布つゆ *available overseas
3 times concentrated Konbu kelp seaweed soup stock
Mummy Ebi (Shrimp) Tempura Udon is nominated for YouTube Video Awards Japan 2011
Voting starts from 12/23/2011
YouTube ビデオアワード２０１１ にノミネートされました！
Pulse of the Earth
♥Facebook Fan Page♥ Please "Like" me ;)
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥