Bonus video! :D Today we’re making these yummy peppermint marshmallows that would be perfect for any holiday party. Also, if you’ve seen the November issue of Seventeen magazine, check out the dessert DIY section for a recipe from me!:D :D :D Enjoy, and make sure to share pictures of your treats on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #kawaiisweetworld!
My website (!!): http://kawaiisweetworld.com/
♥ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/14LNQ1d
♥ Instagram: http://instagram.com/kawaiisweeteats/
♥ Channel: http://bit.ly/18keK04
Peppermint Marshmallow Recipe
Makes about 36 medium marshmallows
24 crushed Oreos, filling removed
4 T. melted butter
1 cup water (divided)
3 packages of gelatin
2 cups of sugar
½ cup of light corn syrup
½ tsp salt
1 T vanilla extract (preferably clear, but regular works as well)
1 tsp peppermint extract
Red liquid food coloring
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix together crushed Oreos and melted butter. Press into a greased 9” x 9” pan and bake for 10 minutes. Allow crust to cool completely while making marshmallows. If desired, wipe Oreo crumbs off of sides of pan. Re-spray with cooking spray.
3. Pour ½ cup water and gelatin into stand mixer and combine.
4. In a medium saucepan, add remaining ½ cup water, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Do not stir. Add candy thermometer and turn to medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil for 1 min or 240F.
5. Working quickly and carefully, drizzle hot sugar syrup down the side of the bowl into gelatin mixture with mixer on low speed. Turn mixer to high speed and beat for 8-10 min, or until mixture comes to stiff peaks.
6. After mixture reaches stiff peaks, slowly add in vanilla extract and peppermint extract (if added too quickly, mixture may deflate). Immediately pour over cooled Oreo crust, and add drops of red food coloring. Create marble design with a knife, and leave to set at room temperature for at least 3 hours or overnight (cover pan loosely with aluminum foil if desired).
7. Dust over mixture that is approximately half powdered sugar and half cornstarch. Flip marshmallows out onto baking sheet, then onto a cutting board. Cut into 36 pieces with a greased knife.
Music courtesy of Audio Network