Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on May 2, 2012
Presented at the 2012 Percona Live: MySQL Conference & Expo by Jim Gochee of New Relic. Slides are at http://form.percona.com/PLMCE2012Slid... From the official conference description at: http://www.percona.com/live/mysql-con... New Relic is the largest SAAS based Application Performance Monitoring provider. We have 9 MYSQL shards that collectively handle million data points per second. Our original disk subsystem was 15k HDD drives in a RAID-5 configuration. As our site load grew, the disk subsystem was starting to behave less predictably and was becoming a bottleneck. After several months of research and testing we decided to make the plunge to SSD.
This talk will chronicle our experience moving from HDDs to SSDs and will include:
1) Architectural descriptions of before/after
2) Technical considerations with SSDs
3) Testing methodologies & benchmark results
4) MYSQL tuning for high I/O environments, with benchmark results
5) MYSQL tuning specific to SSDs, with benchmark results
6) Real-world disk utilization data before/after the cut-over