Playlist - http://bit.ly/2hODNmz
The internet doesn't have enough ponies yet, so here's a collection of short, simple PMVs. Songs are listed in the description. Enjoy.
Dailymotion link - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55r3mi
0:00 - Julie Andrews - The Sound of Music
0:10 - Superchick - One Girl Revolution (Battle Mix)
1:00 - The Beets - Shout Your Lungs Out
1:31 - Was (Not Was) - Walk the Dinosaur
2:08 - Superchick - Cross the Line (Box Office Blockbuster Mix)
3:20 - Beyoncé - Run the World (Girls)
4:00 - Megadeth - Crush 'Em
4:38 - Superchick - One More
5:41 - Mötley Crüe - Kickstart My Heart
6:18 - Jem & the Holograms - It Depends On The Mood I'm In
7:36 - Superchick - Pure
8:27 - Mother Mother - Infinitesimal
9:19 - Melanie Martinez - Mad Hatter
10:03 - Skillet - Monster
10:43 - MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
11:19 - Krista Marie - Tomboy
12:06 - Kelly Clarkson - Invincible
12:59 - P.O.D. - Boom
13:35 - The Exies - My Goddess
14:53 - Jessy Dixon - You Bring The Sun Out
15:23 - Reba McEntire - Everyday People
15:50 - Superchick - So Beautiful
Credits - Delta Brony - Mane Six Splattack
Stinger - Los del Rio - Macarena / Evanescence - My Immortal
NOTE: Many PMVs have different parts of the song spliced together, so if it sounds different when you track down the song that's why.
Special thanks to RockMedved for some crucial feedback and ideas. Without him there wouldn't be Fluttershy's triumphant apple crush and that's a world I just don't want to live in. He also made me buckle down and improve several PMVs (Pure, Infinitesimal), reject some mediocre ones, and also indirectly inspired me to go back and rescue some I had given up on (One More, Cross the Line).
Limey Lassen helped me figure out the order and a couple small edits here and there. If half the viewers rage quit from seeing it open with a Starlight PMV I'll blame him.
PMV COMMENTARIES NO ONE CARES ABOUT:
1. At some point I'll release a bundle of rejected PMVs from this project. Probably around five minutes worth.
2. “Cross the Line” could have up to three meanings: the original song meaning of breaking social taboos, crossing the finish line, and crossing the threshold to make a sonic rainboom. That's an academy record.
3. For Pure, given Pinkie's childhood on the depressing rock farm the lyrics “the rocks of life won't pull me down” can also be a horrible pun (this wasn't intended). I'd like to make a proper full PMV for this eventually, maybe after S7 (more Pinkie content).
4. There was a little clip recycling, but I didn't use Twilight crying a broken heart of tears from Return of Harmony. That's gotta count for something.
5. You wouldn't be wrong to say Skillet - Monster is incredibly cliche. But to quote Piper from Orange is the New Black, "Cliche my ass, it's fucking awesome."
6. I ended up using a lot of Superchick because they're awesome, yet they're also not used in a lot of PMVs from what I've seen. I thought this was odd, given their style matches up with MLP really well.
7. If you experienced deja-vu while watching Boom it's because I made a similar PMV for it like two years ago, but this version is way better. The old one is unlisted now.
There's more masking than you might think (~50 instances), but mostly to make ponies not blink, talk, or move in odd ways at the start or end of clips. The most complicated maskings were the lipsync of Starlight talking at the window (eyelashes), Starlight lip flaps while hovering in the wasteland, and lengthening the clip of filly Pinkie juggling rubber chickens so there wasn't a zoom.
Octavia's Classic with Vinyl's Wubs by DangerToSoc1ety and RarieDash
RARITY PMV ASSETS:
Rarity - Winter Style by Magister39
Sgt. Rarity by VladimirMacHolzraum
The Park Tree by CloudshadeZer0
Winter Background by
A Baffled Rarity by Doctor
Derpy Hooves Vector by Craftybrony
Nabbie's Cutie Mark by Moongazeponies
Pinkie Pie Party Animal by Awesomecas
Twilight Being Adorkable by Unfiltered-N
Twilight Sparkle Getting Down by KiroTalon
Vector Phonograph by MisterAibo
Wubs Everywhere by ThatsGrotesque
INSPIRATION AKA STOLEN IDEAS:
AMV Hell 3 - Roll the Stampede (Shout Your Lungs Out)
Body Harvest Tribute by JimLad800
Korra - Girls Rule the World by Lizzie S.
Congratulations, you scrolled to the end. Must've been bored. Have some quotes.
“A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.”
-- Celestia, channeling Benjamin Franklin
“I know only two tunes: one of them is Winter Wrap Up – and the other isn't.”
-- Ulysses S Grant