Back by popular demand,
HOW TO LIGHT YOUR PILOT!!!!
If you turn up the thermostat and the furnace doesn't come on, You May need to light your Pilot!
Follow these simple steps to relight your own furnace and save money. If your not comfortable doing it yourself, or have a
newer type furnace, you may want to just call your local heating professional. Also, make sure to change or remove your
filter!!! It's better to run the furnace without one than if it was dirty.
Here it is Step by Step:
1. Make sure all of the gas valves are ON
2. Turn the main gas valve to PILOT
3. Hold down the big RED button and listen closely for GAS.
4. Light the Pilot at the end of the tube. (Pilot assembly)
5. Hold the Button down for 1-2 minutes.
6. Release and be sure it stays lit.
7. Turn the Main gas valve to ON (Be cautious if power is on)
8. Turn on the power and raise the thermostat.
If the furnace does not ignite, call a PROFESSIONAL!!!!
Also if you can't get the pilot to stay lit. This maybe a bad
Thermocouple or Main Gas valve. The heat transfer
creates a small amount of electricity to operate
a 'magneto' type coil inside the valve allowing it to stay open.
Lastly, be on the lookout for bright yellow flames
or 'Roll Out' when the fan comes on. The heat exchanger
may possibly be cracked and a VERY DANGEROUS condition.
This also would allow carbon monoxide to be forced into the home, instead of up the chimney. As a precuation, install CO detectors in each level of your home.
Thanks for Watching,