THANKS for stopping by! To continue the discussion, visit DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Community on G+ and this specific post:
Mastering Genealogical Proof (MGP) is the subject of a 10-session Hangout On Air (HOA) starting in June 2013. This post provides basic information about ordering the book, attending each Hangout on Air, and posting comments about chapter assignments. Also note a call for panelists willing to take an active roll in the development of this series.
COMMITMENT Making the commitment to participate in a MGP Study Group is different from other nationally-ranked online genealogy study groups in that:
1. The answers are found in the book.
2. A small group of participants will be JOINing the live Hangout on Air as panelists.
3. A large group of participants will be VIEWing the live Hangout On Air via YouTube. 4. The HOAs will be recorded, so others may WATCH the Hangout on Air via YouTube later.
5. COMMENTS during the live HOA and when working through each week's assignments will be posted by in DearMYRTLE's G+ Online Genealogy Community under a stream for each week's assignment, listed above.
6. The sessions in this initial series will be completed on a near-weekly basis.
BASICALLY participants "major" in the study of Mastering Genealogical Proof for the duration of this series. We're going to eat, sleep and breathe this project until we get it down pat. There are some revolutionary thoughts in this book that will be paradigm shift for even some experienced researchers.
This pilot group will: Set the pace for future MGP Study Groups.
-- Establish additional questions to discuss during each session.
-- Provide feedback to the moderator about the mechanics of the series.
- Provide feedback to the author.
ORDERING THE BOOK The National Genealogical Society is publishing Mastering Genealogical Proof by Thomas Jones, Ph. D., CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS. The anticipated shipping date is 20 May 2013 and sales are accepted now at: http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/master... DATES The MGP
HOW TO VIEW THESE SESSIONS LIVE:
Check the GeneaWebinars Calendar for specific MPG Study Group meeting dates and times. http://www.GeneaWebinars.com
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.