Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jul 31, 2014
Secluded in the surrey Hillside, near St Martha's church is the old gunpowder works. Chilworth Gunpowder works was established in 1625 by the East India Company and finally closed in 1920. It was worked by a number of private companies and became an important supplier of gunpowder to the Government. A significant number of buildings from the gunpowder factory can still be found. The buildings and area are now looked after by Guildford Borough Council and English Heritage.