- Ringing artifacts
- Sampling rate
- Are there hidden high frequencies, that actually create the image?
Tutorials playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
Additional technical information:
Audio data compression: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_co...
DC-offsets in audio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_bias...
Modifying audio outputs for DC-coupling: http://www.jerobeamfenderson.net/post...
Sampling rate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samplin...
Nyquist frequency: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist...
- asdfg.me Osci (realistic CRT-look, plays back audio files or uses an input from the soundcard): https://asdfg.me/osci
- Foohy Oscillofun (shows Windows audio output, you need a sound driver without any "enhancements" that mess with the signal): https://github.com/Foohy/Oscillofun
- Woscilloscope (great looking online oscilloscope player): http://m1el.github.io/woscope
- PrettyScope (nice looking VST-plugin with additional visual effects, $20): https://www.soundemote.com/prettyscope
- J-Scope VST oscilloscope (more oriented towards real oscilloscope functions rather than looks): http://jaggedplanet.com/vst/jscope.asp
- FL Studio Wave Candy (looks awesome, lots of functions, not available seperately. FL Studio editions start at €89): https://www.image-line.com/support/FL...
- Max for Live: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/dev... (looks ugly but does the job)
- Pure Data: http://www.jerobeamfenderson.net/post... (looks ugly but does the job, created in Pd-extended, might not run in other Pd distributions)
How to draw oscilloscope lines with math and WebGL (very useful article for programmers by the creator of Woscilloscope): https://m1el.github.io/woscope-how/in...
Audio interfaces with DC-coupled outputs:
(This list comes almost entirely from http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwa.... Not complete and no guarantee. Always check specs before buying!)
Antex StudioCard SC-22
Apogee Symphony I/O
Digidesign 96 I/O
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx Aurora 16
MOTU Ultralite Mk3
MOTU Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU Ultralite Mk4
MOTU 828 MkII
MOTU 828 MkIII
MOTU 2408 MkII
MOTU 2408 Mk3
RME Fireface 400 (only the headphone outputs are DC-coupled)
RME Fireface UC (only the headphone outputs are DC-coupled)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin
Universal Audio Apollo 16
Audio tracks used in this video:
0:00 3D Objects (silent, in the background): https://jerobeamfenderson.bandcamp.co...
0:42 Capella: https://jerobeamfenderson.bandcamp.co...
0:53 wirdo: https://jerobeamfenderson.bandcamp.co...
1:11, 4:08 Blocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KDek...
3:11 Dots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dUmf...
The sampling rate / aliasing demonstration from 5:10 was done with this Max for Live patch: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/dev...