Raw food author and chef Jennifer Cornbleet shares how to prepare a delicious and simple Jumble Berry Upside Down Cake using all raw ingredients and natural sweeteners. From her second book, Raw for Dessert.
Raw dessert and snack recipes are a great place to start a journey into the world of raw food. In this video, Jennifer shows you 'The world's fastest upside down cake.'
This raw, light healthy dessert recipe makes creating a delicious cake as easy as pie. No baking...no burning sugar on the bottom of your cake pan...no holding your breath as you try and invert your cake onto a serving plate. No oven needed and no 'fancy' tools are required:
• Cutting board • Serrated Knife • Measuring cups and spoons • Food processor • Rubber Spatula • Mixing Bowl • Parchment paper • 6" Cake Pan • Kitchen Scissors
With this raw recipe, a beautiful, mouthwatering dessert favorite is never more than a few minutes...and a few ingredients away:
• Fresh blueberries -- have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit
• Fresh raspberries - contain the antioxidant ellagic acid which protects cells from becoming damaged and slows the growth of abnormal cells.
• Fresh strawberries - packed full of Vitamins C, K, B5, B6 with a high nutritional content of magnesium, folic acid, potassium, cooper and Omega-3.
• Light Agave Syrup - three times as sweet as table sugar, but doesn't spike your blood sugar like processed sugar
• 'Secret' Shortbread Crust (made with dried coconut, walnuts, dates, and salt) -- raw coconut is rich in medium-chain triglycerides, a type of dietary fat that may encourage weight loss and raw walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids that promote heart health.
Traditional upside down cake recipes are heavy on butter, processed flour and sugar, and eggs. They're also high in calories and cholesterol. This raw upside down cake recipe takes the focus off 'of manufactured' sweetness so the naturally flavorful sugars in the fruit can be the star of the show.
A raw food upside down cake is an after-dinner treat everyone can feel good about eating.
raw food recipes raw food recipe raw recipes raw recipe easy raw recipes Jennifer Cornbleet learn raw food Raw Food Made Easy Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People easy raw food raw food easy raw salad recipe raw smoothie recipe green smoothie recipe raw dessert recipe raw dessert recipes diet food raw diet raw eat raw food raw healthy recipes raw diet raw diet food raw diet foods raw eat raw food raw food diet raw food diets raw food weight loss raw foodism raw foods raw foods diet raw foods diets raw vegetable diet recipe raw food recipes for raw food recipes raw recipes raw food vegan recipe vegetarian diet vegetarian recipes weight loss raw food