Aeropress Coffee Making and Cleaning at Highlander Coffee
1. Fill hot water approximately quarter full to preheat porcelain cup.
2. Put a paper filter into black cap and screw clockwise into chamber.
3. Zero blue plastic tray for weighing.
4. Scoop beans into blue tray measured to 10 grammes.
5. Empty beans into grinder hopper.
6. Adjust grind setting to mark '5.5' of the Ditting shop grinder.
7. Turn on Ditting shop grinder and grind directly into chamber with the help of the black Aeropress funnel.
8. Switch off when grinding noise has turned quiet.
9. Sweep excess grounds around the funnel into chamber.
10. Discard water used to preheat cup.
11. Place coffee filled chamber on top of the white porcelain cup.
12. Fill brewing pitcher with hot water to the lined rim with the Elba water heater.
13. Pour hot water directly into the chamber.
14. Stir for about 10 seconds with the black plastic paddle.
15. Wet the rubber seal before inserting into chamber and gently plunging down gently for 20 to 30 secs until it bottoms on the coffee.
16. Serve coffee with saucer, spoon and biscuit.
1. Remove the cap and put it aside (bottom of sink).
2. Hold aeropress over the black knock box and press the plunder fully to eject the spent ground.
3. Leave the plunger fully pushed in and rinse the rubber seal, paddle, cap and used paper filter with detergent and then under running water.
4. Place the washed parts on the drain grate on top of the sink to dry.