Chana masala or chole masala is a popular vegetable dish in Indian cuisine. The main ingredient is chickpeas. It is fairly dry and spicy with a sour citrus
Channa masala, an impressive, fairly dry and spicy dish with a sour tangy taste made with chickpeas. It is a popular Punjabi dish commonly known as chole masala or channay and mostly cooked in Indian and Pakistani cuisines. Channa Masala
200 grams channa
25 grams channa masala pdr
1 springs coriander leaves
1 pinch cumin
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 number gr chillies
1 number lime
3 tbsp oil
2 number onion
1 to taste salt
2 number tomatoes
1 pinch turmeric (optional)
few piece whole garam masala
• Soak chana in water overnight or to cook the same day soak them in warm water for at least 5-6hrs
• Pressure cook chole
• Drain the chole, reserve the liquid
• Chop up onion, tomatoes
• Heat oil in a deep saucepan and add cumin seeds whole garam masala
• When the cumin seeds change color add chopped onion to it and saute till they are brown
• Add the Ginger-garlic paste to it and saute for couple of minutes
• Add all the tomatoes dry powders to it and saute add salt
• Saute the tomatoes till they are soft and mushed up,
• Add the chana to the mixture and mix gently so that chole are properly coated in the mixture
• Add the reserved water depending on the gravy you need, check and adjust the seasoning
• Simmer the stove and cook covered for 5-6 minutes and garnish it with cilantro leaves
• Serve it with bhature, puri or chapatti with sliced onion and lemon wedge by the side chole bautra is just awesome - make it a point to make it soon
.. "Reach vahrehvah at -
Website - http://www.vahrehvah.com/
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VahChef.Sanj...
Twitter - https://twitter.com/vahrehvah
Google Plus - https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/1160664...
Flickr Photo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23301754...
Linkedin - http://lnkd.in/nq25sW
Picasa Photos- http://picasaweb.google.com/118141140...
Blogger - http://vahrehvah.blogspot.in/"