We're never busier than we are during the holidays, and our homes still need to be cleaned! In this video, owner of Molly Maid of Lake Country Cindy Shicotte appears on WITI-TV-Milwaukee to help busy viewers with the right plan for cleaning their home for the holidays.
How It's Done • Don't procrastinate. At the same time, know that you don't have to set aside 4 or 6 hours to get the job done, because you can successfully clean your home in little blocks of time over the next few days.
• Start with the entranceways, foyer and central closet area to create room for guest coats.
• The next day, take a small block of time to clean bedrooms, hallways and stairs.
• Day three, choose another room or area to clean, etc.
• Consider obtaining the latest in microfiber dusting cloths, mop heads and ceiling fan dusting attachments. Microfiber products are no longer expensive and they allow you to dust and clean without the use of chemicals, or with the smallest amount of product.
• Last but not least, get the kids involved. All hands on board to clean and "deck" the halls for the holidays.