Make a great Holiday Letter your family and friends can really enjoy!
You will need:
• Downloaded audio "New Year's Letter" by MacClain & Cole o https://soundcloud.com/macclainandcol...
• iMovie or other film editing software
• digital images -- photos and videos from your last year!
• Inspiration o You just watched it above!
1. Get started! a. Open iMovie b. Click on File; Scroll down and select New Project c. Choose your theme (I like "Bulletin Board") d. Follow the directions to fill in the titles with your own words, and to import the photos and videos you'd like to use!
2. Convert your project out of the "theme" format to work more independently a. Click on File; select "convert to project"
3. Import Photos & Video Clips into your project, putting them into the event category that you're going to pull from for your video, then dragging them in the order you like up into the main body of the project.
4. Bring the music up under your photo/video montage: a. Click on the music icon (middle right screen) -- your iTunes library will pop up. b. Select "New Year's Letter" from your library and drag it over your project (when you download it onto your computer, make sure you move it into your iTunes library). c. You might need to select the audio that comes with your project video and detach or delete it (click on the green bar under the pictures that has the original audio and delete it).
5. Get an editing award! a. Go through the song lyrics and line up your personal photos to the lyrics. i. I.E. for the opening lyric "Just a little note/I wanna say hello" you might put photos of your family waving, or video of you saying hello! ii. For the next line: "everything is fine/though it's been some time" you might add photos of your year, school photos, an annual family photo iii. For the third line: "I miss you" you might add a title, or a note saying "we miss our family and friends!" b. If your family video has audio that you want to remove, here's how to do that: i. Click and drag the video into the main body of your project. ii. Click on the clip so it's highlighted with a yellow line around it. iii. Click on file/detach audio. A new, green audio bar will appear under the picture. iv. Click on the green audio bar clip so it's highlighted with a yellow line around it. v. Hit delete!
6. When your project is complete, and you've inserted photos and videos under the whole song, SHARE! a. go to the top command bar and select Share, then choose your format for sharing. i. I like sharing to iTunes, and I usually pick the medium size share, so it looks good on someone's laptop at full screen. b. Upload to your youtube channel, or email the video to friends and family! c. For extra goodness, you could put it on a thumb drive and mail it to them in a sweet little wrapped up box. ;)
Please like and comment, subscribe, and share this video with your family and friends.
New Year's Letter from the new mini EP "We Are One"
1. We Are One
2. New Year's Letter
Produced by MacClain & Cole
Mastered by George Daly
We Are One- Recorded, engineered, and mixed by Ben Leinbach at Old Bull Studios, San Anselmo, CA
New Year's Letter- Recorded, engineered, and mixed by Gabriel Shepard at 25th Street Recording and Revere Recording in Oakland, CA
Amy MacClain- Vocals, percussion
Jason Cole- Guitars, bass, drums
Lyrics by Amy MacClain
Music by MacClain & Cole
© 2012 Meg Dog Music - ASCAP
macclainandcole @ gmail dot com