Computerization of Bluebook
Abstract: The main aim of Online Quiz is to facilitate a user friendly environment of Bluebook implementation and reduces the manual effort. Users of the system are:
2. Institutions In this all the permissions lies with the administrator i.e., specifying the details of the quiz having constraints like team size, marks to be allotted for total quiz, marks for each question, negative marking if the answer is wrong or if he/she can’t answer with in time limit, calculating the average marks and also specifying the pass marks, where as the Participant will not be provided with any registration or login. Depending on the pass mark given the teams the attain those pass mark/cut-off mark are forwarded to the next round and finally who got the highest score are declared as the winner. In past days quiz is conducted manually but in further resolution of the technology we are able to generate the score and pose the queries automatically. The functional requirements include to create no. of teams that are going to participate in the event in accordance with the organization, Automatic score generation, elimination of teams depending on performance. Secure access of confidential data, better design to give effective Bluebook and flexible. Service based architecture will be highly desirable for future extension. Issues are to reduce the manual pressure and make the Bluebook in effective manner.
Existing System: In existed system each participant will be provided with the terminals and limited questions are displayed in a single page. According to the time limit questions will be submitted automatically and finally scores of the individuals are calculated.
Problem in Existing System
• There is no scope for teams to play.
• All the questions will be displayed at a time.
• The winners are not allowed to play another round.
• There is no question of negative marking and marks of each team can’t be evaluated.
Proposed system provides a solution to existing system by extending its facilities as follows:
• There is a scope for playing ‘N’ number of teams in a quiz.
• There is a chance for answering the question for each and every individual in a team.
• According to the requirement of organization or institution all the quiz details can be finalized, every team has the chance of answering the given question for ‘N’ number of times and negative marking is also attracted for the teams.
• Time limit is provided for each team to answer certain question.
• Finally all the scores of the teams are calculated depending upon the pass marks the winners are forwarded to the next round, and one team will be declared as winners.
System Specific Modules
1. Administrator Login: In this module an administrator first login in to the system then he is authenticated user. If he is not valid then the message should be displayed saying that not valid. If he is valid then the page should be navigated to the “adminduties” page displaying items like “start quiz, delete previous results of the quiz, quit”. If the administrator wants to delete the previous results of the quiz then he will be clicking on the “delete previous results” then quiz data will be deleted successfully and the page is navigated to “endquiz.jsp”. In that there will be displaying items “Main Menu and quit”. If the admin wants to continue then click on the “Main Menu” then the page is navigated to “startquiz.jsp”, there he will be specifying quiz details.
2. Items: In this module an administrator enters the details of the quiz specifying items like “Total no. of teams participating in the quiz, enter no. of questions in the quiz, Enter marks for correct answer, Enter marks for wrong answer, Calculate maximum marks, Enter pass marks and click on save button, then these will be saved in the database. If he changes his decision to enter some more fields then click on cancel. If he wants to enter to the main menu then click on “Main Menu” button or else click on the quit.
3. Enter the quiz details:
4. Report Generation: 5. Automatic score generation:
6. Automatic Elimination of teams:
5. System Requirements
5.1 Technologies Used:
5.2 Tools Used:
1 Eclipse 3.3
2. Web Sphere Portal 2.0.
3. My Sql
4. Edraw Max
Flat No: 518, Fifth Floor,
Telangana – 500016.
Phone : +91 9052016340, +91 7702177291, +91 9553021804
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.1000projects.org