1. firstly i need you to open itunes
2. then i need you to find a mp3 that you want
to convert to ringtone.
3. drag it into the music library
4. right now is the tedious bit where you can
select a 30 sec part of the mp3 that you can
turn into a ringtone.
so i need you to play the song in itunes and
remember the starting and the end...
let me show you.
so i want it to start from 0:50 secs
and i want it to end at 1:07
5. i need you to right click the mp3 and select
'get info' and choose tab 'options' and input
the times into the 'start time' and 'stop time'
6. ok so now click ok and double click the mp3
to test it. it should only play the selection
you just made.
7. now i need you to right click the mp3 again
and choose 'create aac version' it should
create another file you can delete the top one
8. now drag that new file into a folder on
desktop 'i called mine rintones'.
9. change the file format to .m4r
thats it your ringtone is ready, now just
delete the file in itunes and drag the one
from the folder to itunes.
connect your iphone to itunes. and drag the
file over to music
i think i'll skip this whilst it transfers
it should have the ring tone on your phone now.
and there you go