Cross-border parental child abduction





The interactive transcript could not be loaded.


Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 15, 2014

If you are an international couple and you decide to separate, you or your partner may wish to move to another country in Europe and you may wish to take your child with you.

It's important to put the rights, welfare and needs of your child first.

Before taking any decision on where you and your child will live, you should stop...think...and take advice from a specialist family lawyer.

If you are planning to settle down in a new country, you should come to an agreement with your partner or get a court order before leaving the country with your child.

Otherwise it can be considered Parental Child Abduction and you will break the law.

Without permission or a court order you may trigger a judicial procedure to return your child immediately to the country where he or she used to live.

You may also face criminal proceedings.

There are specialist central authorities in each country dealing with children.
By taking expert advice you can avoid a potentially stressful, harmful and emotionally distressing situation.

Make sure your story has a happy ending too.


Comments are disabled for this video.
When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...