Crank THIS s#!t up! - 3DforREAL
--[ CONTEST WINNER ]--
This has been a fun challenge and thanks to nVIDIA, Maingear, and of course FiringSquad, well worth the time.
As I started working on this, I came to realize why I would want to win this contest. True 3D gaming. So I started experimenting and improvising, changing my initial video more and more, till one morning I woke up with an idea that would help me solve one big issue. How do I make it appear that there are 3screens, when I don't have them myself. With some trickery I got it worked out and the result is what you see. Crysis on 3screens at Very High settings, but most notably without actually having 3 screens, nor a system that could run this game on 3 screens at those settings. I'm kinda proud of it, but I'll let you be the judge of that.
• All game-play footage by yours truly was recorded with Fraps.
• The total file-size for all resources collected during the creation of this project is in excess of 800gb
• The entire process of creating, improvising and preparing this project took me well over a 100hrs and was a steep learning curve.
• All FX were created using Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
• The original track is by "Disturbed' and is called "Down with the sickness", from the album "The Sickness"
• The video's version was remixed by myself, using Adobe Soundbooth, as I didn't have anything else available.
• Crysis on 3-screen illusion.
• One of the main features of this video is 3D in all it's glory and only the way nVIDIA can provide it. For this I actually had to defy the laws of computing and create the illusion of playing Crysis in all it's glory on a 3-screen setup, without actually having them. Nor would my system be able to run it like that.
(I would have loved to do this for other games as well, but not every game can be easily tricked into thinking there are 3 screens.)
I would have listed all games used in this short film, but I believe that any true gamer, like myself, does not require one. They should be well known to all that love gaming.
I'd like to thank everybody for watching, rating and commenting on my video, as well as the sponsors: nVIDIA, Maingear and the host FiringSquad. It's been some experience and I've enjoyed every minute of it!
Good luck to all contestants and let's CRANK THAT SHIT UP!