http://BigBlueTest.org is a program of the Diabetes Hands Foundation. People with diabetes are invited to test their blood sugar, do 14-20 minutes of activity, test again and share the results.
By Nov. 14, 2010, this video received over 100,000 views. The program sponsor, Roche Diabetes Care (makers of ACCU-CHEK® diabetes products and services) made a donation for every view received up to $75,000. Diabetes Hands Foundation used the donation to help the Life for a Child program, run by the International Diabetes Federation, and Insulin For Life. These two global, humanitarian organizations provide diabetes medication and supplies to children in the world's poorest countries.
In order of appearance:
* Children from Diabetes Squared @ http://www.diabetessquared.com
* George Simmons (a.k.a. NinjaBetic) and son @ http://www.ninjabetic.com
* Manny Hernandez, Andreina Davila and Santiago Hernandez
* Zippora Karz, author of The Sugarless Plum @ http://zipporakarz.com and Samantha
* Bill Carlson - www.tudiabetes.org/profile/BillCarlson
Samantha at a camp in Ecuador, holding a vial of insulin donated and sent by Insulin For Life.
AYUDA, Inc. a non-profit that helps children with diabetes and promotes youth as agents of change within diabetes communities: http://ayudainc.net
"Rich Doors" by New Villager
* Portuguese: http://www.glicemiasonline.com.br
* German: http://www.worlddiabetesday.de
* French: Nathalie Lelorieux
** Big Blue Test Crew **
The video was directed, shot, edited, and motion designed by Sean Ross (http://ethosphane.com), an LA-based documentary and commercial filmmaker.
2nd Unit DP/Camera: Todd Carlstrom.