Download Updated: http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
Aesthetically the first thing that jumps out at you is the sound because it is classic Duke. Just hit the taunt and you were hear a number of his one liners. Plus, there are other comments dotted throughout play. Most of the sprites look really good, though some of the basics could use a little more animation here and there.
Okay, some of you will say his game play is very projectile based. Well, look him up on Wikipedia, he is based off a shooting game. Some of the moves are so imaginative that it is just fun to see them go off. And more fun can be had on a certain few when you kill someone, as you will see in the video.
- Shotgun: Pulls out a shotgun that fires a spread pattern
- Chain gun: Heavy artillery attack. The longer you hold the button, the longer the attack, but the gun will burn out and stop after while
- Grenade Launcher: Fires grenades in 2 different vectors
- Laser Trip mine: Places a mine that when the opponent trips the laser, a bomb will go off
- Pipe Bomb: Throws an explosive device that you can detonate at anytime (A+X)
- Basic Rocket Launcher: Self explanatory
- Heat seeking Rocket Launcher: Rockets seek out the target
- Shrinker: Shrinks opponent...use it for a kill for a good laugh
- Freezer: Freezes opponent, also has a custom kill animation
- Sniper Rifle: Favorite move, you go into a 1st person perspective and fire a sniper rifle
- Plasma Cannon: Fires a plasma shot
He also has a special inventory selection, select with the z button, start to use
- Taunt: a few different ones
- Health pack: to increase health
- Steroids: gets stronger and faster
As I said, a few animations could be a bit better, like I do not dig his walk at all and a couple basics seem a little choppy. His AI is not the great currently either. But, TOPS has always been committed to updates, so those and whatever else will surely be addressed. It is kind of funny that he is released around the same time the main company went under. I guess TOPS wanted to make sure to appease the people upset by that business decision...and they have.