Marijuana Facts For Teenagers - Anti-Marijuana Educational Video. Facts addressing common questions regarding the use and effects of Marijuana, and how it relates to teens.
- What is marijuana? Aren't there different kinds?
- How is marijuana used?
- How long does marijuana stay in the user's body?
- How many teens smoke marijuana?
- Why do young people use marijuana?
- What happens if you smoke marijuana?
- What are the short-term effects of marijuana use?
- Does marijuana affect school, sports, or other activities?
- What are the long-term effects of marijuana use?
- Does marijuana lead to the use of other drugs?
- How can you tell if someone has been using marijuana?
- Is marijuana sometimes used as a medicine?
- How does marijuana affect driving?
- If a woman is pregnant and smokes it, will marijuana hurt the baby?
- What does marijuana do to the brain?
- Can people become addicted to marijuana?
- What if a person wants to quit using the drug?
NIH Publication No. 04-4037
Printed 1995; Revised November, 1998; Reprinted April, 2001; Revised March, 2003, Revised September, 2004
For more information on marijuana and other drugs, contact:
National Clearinghouse on Alcohol and Drug Information
P.O. Box 2345
Rockville, MD 20847
"Marijuana: Facts for Teens" text republished with permission from the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Fair Use Images and public domain film clips added by Secret of the Rosary Films.