John was a trader for several proprietary trading firms in Chicago which is where he learned how to read the order flow on a market depth platform. After several years of working for firms, he left Chicago and started trading his own account. His focus is on short-term, momentum driven setups which can be identified by watching the order flow on the DOM.
In this webinar, he will explain why he believes traders cannot use a "one size fits all" mentality when creating a trading strategy and expect it to work in any market. In his opinion, some markets are better than others for day trading and he will go step by step through several real recorded trades and explain why he chooses to trade certain products and not trade others.
Bullet points for this webinar include:
- Prop firms and what they typically allow new hires to trade.
- Every market has its own behavior and no two are exactly alike. Therefore, different strategies are required for different markets.
- Highly liquid products vs less liquid products. Pros and cons of each.
- Real sample trades which illustrate how different markets must be approached in a different way.
- Slippage in thin markets and its effect on the bottom line.
- Identifying logical profit targets and stop loss points.
- Risk to reward ratios. Markets which tend to offer the best R:R scenarios on a consistent basis.
- Tick to commission ratio (cost vs tick size).
- Diminishing returns. Can size be increased without negatively affecting the results?