You can run on any treadmill. You just need a device to Zwift as well as a cadence tracker or smart shoe! Just follow these instructions.
Connect with us:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/gozwift
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gozwift
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gozwift
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gozwift/
Pairing Zwift with a treadmill is a breeze. Just follow the directions below, and you’ll be Zwifting in no time.
1. You’re going to need three things: a cadence tracker or smart shoe, treadmill, and device to Zwift.
2. First up: footpods. These are also called treadtrackers and cadence trackers. These lightweight devices broadcast your speed, distance, and cadence. Zwift displays this data. And the Zwift RunPod is a great, inexpensive option.
a. Smart shoes have this technology embedded in them.
b. Before you start your Zwift session, make sure your footpod or shoe is good to go.
3. As far as treadmills go, Zwift works with all of them.
4. Next: devices. Zwift is compatible with many, if not most, devices. You can use an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, or Mac or PC or an Android device like a Samsung phone or Google Tablet.
a. iPad is the most popular option, but if you want the most immersive experience, a TV is the way to go. Apple TV is a great call. If you’re an Android user, you can broadcast any Android device to your TV using Chromecast, which is one of the least expensive ways to upgrade your run—-Chromecast units cost about $30.
5. Once you’re ready to run, fire up your TV or device. If you’re using an iPad, phone, or other tablet, rest the device on the treadmill dash, open Zwift and get ready to pair.
6. Turn on your treadmill.
7. On the pairing screen, find your footpod or smart shoe, select, and connect it. Heart rate monitor users, this is where you can connect.
8. You’re ready to run!
Zwift is the app that makes indoor training fun. Connecting cyclists and runners around the world, Zwift mixes the intensity of training with the immersive and engaging play of gaming. Ride or run virtual worlds with a community that motivates you at every mile. You'll get faster and stronger and have a blast doing it.
You can become the undisputed king of the mountain, leave your competitors in your wake to become the sprint jersey holder, or simply join your friends for a leisurely run on a Sunday morning.
And you can make fun fast day or night, even if it’s raining, snowing, or just plain awful outside. Got goals? We’ve got a training plan for you that adjusts automatically depending on your schedule. Just want a workout? We have more than a thousand to choose from, or you can build a custom workout.
Just download our app, connect your bike to your indoor trainer, and start your 7-day free trial. And if you want to run, you can do that for free. Just download our app, connect your treadmill or cadence tracker, and you’ll be off and Zwifting in no time.