Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Aug 21, 2012
this baritone ukulele i'm playing for this song is a 'proud project' for me. i got this uke for 25 dollars and when i got it i knew it needed work, but i was in the dark as to what extent.
i brought it home and: 1.) drilled a hole in the top of the neck heel and drove a wood screw into it with ample wood glue.....strapped that area over night....needless to say there are no separation issues any longer.
2. drilled a tiny hole in the saddle bridge put in a wood screw with ample wood glue....should be no 'lifting issues there.
3. put in a little string peg (like what you'd use to keep your steel strings in place at the bridge/saddle) for a homemade uke strap peg....works just fine.
4. intonation from the fifth fret on was a disaster. so i used some 100 grit sandpaper and the level side of a heavy duty staple gun to file from fret 3 down....this silly thing now intonates well
5. put a bunch of thin card stock shims underneath the plastic saddle piece which eliminated 85/90 percent of all string buzzing....