Kids who love pizza also love stromboli-they just don't know it yet. Here's an easy way to surprise your family of pizzaholics with an alternative that tastes just as delicious. Lauren Chattman of Pillsbury demonstrates how to make stromboli.
Recipe: How to make stromboli
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
3. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat. Heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Set aside.
4. Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form 12x8-inch rectangle.
5. Spread pizza sauce over dough to within 2 inches of long sides and 1/2 inch of short sides. Place the beef lengthwise down the center, forming a 3-inch-wide strip and to within 1/2 inch of the short sides.
6. Top with cheese, bell pepper and Italian seasoning. Fold long sides of dough over filling; press edges to seal.
7. Bake 15-20 min or until crust is golden brown.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- More Easy Howdini Recipe Videos -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-