How to transform a great LEGO model to a unique experience? Just add LEGO MINDSTORMS!
Actually NXTifying the wonderful LEGO 10212 set (Imperial Shuttle) was a challenge, but I'm really happy of the outcome.
The interior of the Imperial Shuttle (including the mechanism) has been fully re-engineered.
What has been added:
- One LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Brick (the brain!)
- Two NXT Motors for the Stabilizers
- Two NXT Color/Lamp sensors to simulate the Neon Engines
- One HiTechnic NXT IR Receiver to trigger and control action
- One PF Medium Motor and on mini Linear Actuator for the cockpit
- Two PF Light pairs to illuminate the cockpit
Programmed using NXT-G (the official LEGO MINDSTORMS programming software)
Action is fully automated and can be triggered using a common PM remote control device (Ch1/Red). However, it is also possible to control separately each one of the added functions:
Ch2/Red : Left Stabilizer Up/Down
Ch2/Blue : Right Stabilizer Up/Down
Ch3/Red: Cockpit Open/Close
Ch4/Red: Color Sensor On/Off
Video Editing by NeXTSTORM
Music Theme by musikConomy (the GREAT!)
Special thanks to Costis and Dozia for supporting my dreams!!!!
Thanks to Bazmarc for dropping the idea a long time ago ...he is the first one that has ever NXTified the Imperial Shuttle!!! That's official!!!!