- Black Ops II, not 2.
- 1/3 of the game in late 80s. Old characters - Mason, Hudson, woods.
- 2/3 in 2025.
- A good deal of the 1980's action will take place during proxy wars in Central America.
- No multiplayer set in the 80s though.
- Taking eSports very seriously this year
- Future cold war
- Mason is back (AND OUT IN THE FIELD ACCORDING TO KOTAKU)
- Hudson is back
- Woods is back and narrates the story aged 95 - voiced by James Burns
- We may find out more about "imaginary" Viktor Reznov. Maybe not imaginary after all
- Alex Mason's son, David Mason. Father/son relationship will play a part in the story.
- David Mason (the son)'s callsign is "Section."
- Villain: Raul Menendez. He appears in the 80s and in 2025.
- There will be at least one female soldier in the game, a pilot named Anderson.
- The president in 2025 is also a woman, and appeared in the LA mission.
- David Mason's sidekick is a soldier named Nelson who appears to be played by Michael Rooker
- THEORY: Woods' son = Harper?
- Non-linear storyline
- Depending on choices, could impact hero / squad / villain / villain henchmen
at end of game, you'll see how your choices played out
- The story is based real possibility; China currently controls 95% of the rare earth elements in the world.
- Real-world hooks inspired by P.W. Singer's Wired 4 War: The Robotics Revolution + Conflict in the 21st Century
- Martinez has hacked into the US's unmanned drones and unleashed an attack on Los Angeles. In the mission we saw, a fleet of drones were destroying buildings in downtown LA.
- You'll be going "all over the world"
- One map village in yemen
- "Aftermath" in LA
- Sandbox gameplay - Strikeforce
- Conflicts going on in the world
- You get the "lay of the land"
- You go in as a blops team (you choose which strikeforce to take)
- Story progresses if you die
- Dropped in with the tools and toys of the future
- Automated sentries
- Cognitive Land Assault
- Play any at any time
- Move between different squad members
- Objectives in whatever order
- Lots of work on graphics
- Lots of work on HDR
- Work on ambient occlusion
- Want PC graphics on a console, 60fps
- Dates in trailer:
- July 23rd, 1986
- October 23rd, 1987
- June 12, 2025
- June 19th, 2025 (Woods vault entry, age 95?)
- Quadrotor has charlene chalked onto it
- Manned and unmanned jets
- Predator c avenger (UCAV)
- Predator c avenger (ECAV)
- X47 Pegasus
- Horses - Af. stan in the 80s, spec ops on horses
- XM8 Variant
- LMG that looks similar to an M240
- Sniper rifle has "an awesome optic that gives you the ability to see through materials"
- Sniper rifle will penetrate different materials
- Players have a drone-controller on their wrist in the game, and can use it to assign targets and waypoints.
- At one point in the demo, the player jumped into a futuristic anti-aircraft gun and shot down enemy drones.
- Pilot a futuristic VTOL airship.
- Part of the VTOL mission was mostly on-rails but the 2nd part involved free-flying and dogfighting with drones.
ZOMBIES CONFIRMED; will definitely be back in Black Ops II
- Will feature all new modes that are more fleshed-out than ever.
- "There will be more zombies and more modes; just more."
- "I'm not going to hide it from you -- it's a Treyarch game, we're making Zombies. - It's a huge world, running inside the multiplayer mode. There are new game modes; it's bigger and better" Any details to go with that tease? Nope — Mark is saving some of his secrets until later. "Zombies is its own game and it deserves its own time."
- "If you think about all of the things we can do with our multiplayer engine," Lamia said, "You can start to think about how we might be looking at this."
Prototype Quadrotor w/ Machinegun Video: http://bit.ly/IkwqzF
Parisian Catacombs Zombie Map Theory: http://bit.ly/IkwpLW
Quote Analysis #1 (WZQOH): http://bit.ly/Ikx6VG
Quote Analysis #2 (BOIZY): http://bit.ly/Ikx5AY