Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Oct 20, 2017
The Gunflint and Lake Superior Railroad was a logging line operated by the Pigeon River Lumber Company from 1902 to 1909. It connected to the Port Arthur, Duluth and Western Railway at Milepost 79. This video covers the site of the US Customs buildings at the narrows between Little Gunflint Lake and Gunflint Lake. The Customs agent was Richard Dowman. The land was owned by the Merritt Family of Marquette, MI and is often referred to as "Merritt's Camp."