Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Jan 27, 2012
Detailed instructions on how to do a speed vault. The speed vault is one of the first parkour moves or vaults you should learn when beginning parkour or freerunning. It is one of the easier parkour moves you can learn and also one of the most effective. The Speed Vault is one of the quickest ways to move over and past an object.
Please SHARE, LIKE and FAVORITE so others have the chance to see and use these videos to learn and grow (plus it also encourages me to make more).
2) At this point you should know what hand you are most comfortable vaulting with and how to easily get over the object by lifting up your outside leg (opposite from you vaulting hand).
3) As you approach the object, use enough speed to carry you up, over, and past the object.
4) You will take off in a split step approach jumping up and putting your body in a horizontal position in the air. As you leave the ground, do so by kicking you outside leg up and pushing off of your inside leg.
5) Plant your hand down on the object fingers forward. (Make sure you chest stays facing forward and doesn't aim up into the air or down to the ground. Your shoulders should be vertically inline with the object)
6) As you pass over the object push up off the object to get your feet back down at the same time you are pushing off of the object to get distance from it and maintain speed. (A common mistake is to leave your hand on the object for to long, which will result in a strange looking vault)
7) After pushing off and up with your hand come down on your inside foot with your chest forward and continue to move on.
8) For added style add a scissor kick to your speed vault. Or for photos try to extend your outside leg and keep the inside leg bent like a side kick.
Please keep in mind there are many paths that you can take to reach the same destination. In these parkour and freerunning tutorials I will be breaking down the movement the way I know how. These are not the flashiest videos, and I do a lot of talking, but please take the time to listen and I am sure you will learn a lot.
Thanks for watching and again please FAVORITE, LIKE & SUBSCRIBE!