This is my favourite recipe for crispy roasted pork belly. There are many different recipies for making crispy pork belly like, Liempo, Cracklin, Siu Yuk and Lechon, but the technique is almost the same. Here I use a simple Vietnamese recipe.
Get your cast iron grill grate on amazon -- http://amzn.to/1mKPDMA
Get your gill grate extender on amazon --http://amzn.to/U19LP8
Get your weber kettle on amazon -- http://amzn.to/1zxUlTG
Like me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pitmaster.pi...
Check out my other videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/BBQpitmas...
Dry rub mix
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon 5 spice powder http://amzn.to/1z59Akg
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cure for the pork skin
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
* 500 gram pork belly ( 1 lbs)
How To (can be done in an oven as well as on a barbecue)
* Score the pork belly 1 finger deep
* Rub it with the dry rub
* Clean and dry the pork skin
* brush it with the cure
* Leave it in the fridge over night or at least 8 hours
* set the oven or barbecue on 200 degrees Celcius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit
* Cook the pork pelly to almost finished ( about 45 minutes)
* Roast the skin until crisp and the core temperature reaches 68 degrees Celcius 154 degrees Fahrenheit.
Roasting in the oven can be done by just giving it heat from above.
Music courtesy of Audio network
Royalty free music
Title: Ghetto Blues
Artist: Lincoln Ground, Bob Bradly, Steve Dymond