Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jul 17, 2011
The NATO-led intervention in Libya and the unrest in Syria are both steps in a decades-long plan by the US and its allies to completely reshape the face of Africa, believes independent journalist and peace activist Thierry Maysan. "It's quite obvious that the USA wanted to enter war at the same time with Libya and Syria. That wish was made public by John Bolton in 2002. The plan was passed over to France and Britain, who decided to bring it to life in November last year," the author believes. What is called public uprising of the free-loving people are actually coup attempts staged by the Western nations, Maysan says. The operation in Libya in particular is marked by an astounding number of lies fed to the public, he added. "By the time of the UN Security Council vote everyone had decided on the basis of reports submitted to the council. And the Security Council was certain that during the demonstrations in Benghazi the government killed 6,000 citizens -- a terrible number. But now five months later the prosecutor at the International Criminal Court, which accused the Libyan leadership, has reduced the number... Now the prosecutor is building up his evidence on 208 victims instead of 6,000," he pointed out. In another example, footage was circulated by foreign TV channels allegedly showing Gaddafi's soldiers raping women in retribution for the uprising. The video later turned out to be a rare Libyan amateur porn flick, Maysan said. The lies are meant to hide what the West wants to do in the region, the journalist believes. "NATO keeps lying at every stage, which is surprising, because during the war in Kosovo NATO would normally lie only to conceal its mistakes. This time it's being done not to conceal the mistakes, but to conceal the strategy," he told RT. RT on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RT_com RT on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RTnews