Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Streamed live on May 26, 2014
Atlanta personal injury lawyer, Attorney John Foy's quick car accident checklist.
If you've been in a car accident, keep in mind these 10 things you should do:
1. If possible, move vehicle out of the way of traffic to a safer location and then turn the ignition off . 2. Stay calm. Do not become angry or too upset to assess the situation or think through what needs to be done.
3. Do not admit to fault or agree to pay damages nor sign any papers.
4. Call the police or applicable law enforcement. You'll need a copy of the accident report that the law enforcement officer writes about your accident to provide to the insurance company.
5. Check and take note of your own and other's injuries. Also take note of any intoxication.
6. Take pictures. Take pictures of your vehicle, any other vehicles involved and the accident scene while remaining safe from traffic.
7. Exchange information. You'll need the other driver's name, address, phone number, email address, insurance company, policy number, driver's license number, license plate number, and their vehicle type.
8. Call an experience attorney as soon as is possible to safely do so.
9. Obtain a copy of your auto insurance policy or call your insurance company representative or agent to verify the coverage you have on your policy.
10. Be ready to fight for your rights. The steps taken during the hours, days and weeks after a car accident can be time consuming but they should be followed carefully under the assistance and advice of an attorney.
John Foy and his team represent personal injury clients in Atlanta every day. If you've been in an injury accident, call John's office for help as soon as possible. John works on car wreck cases, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, worker's compensation cases, senior abuse cases and more.
Get some the best personal injury legal help available in Georgia from John Foy, "The Strong Arm".