Skip to 1:11 to jump straight into combo content.
This is the first of many DOA5 content I will start posting to this channel. Here, I will be going over some basic fundamentals, options and combos for my main: Helena. Helena is currently considered to be on the lower tiers, but her stunning potential and evasive moves make her still a legit threat among the cast.
- Fast Stagger Recovery
- Action: Standing
- Reaction: Guard All
- I do not claim creating these combos -- these are a mix of my own ideas and freestepdodge's content.
- 'Technically', not all of these combos are guaranteed. Some of them are stagger recoverable, but only in the fastest time possible (and starting at the first frame of the stun). These combos have the AI on 'fast' recovery, making these combos realistic in a match even if an opponent is trying to stagger recover. I go over this in the first minute of the video.
- I have tested these combos on both normal and counter hit (except for counter hit-only combos and P+K--I'm using that as a punish on recovery frames). They work fine either way.
- These are NOT all her combos. She has so many that it's hard to count. This is just to give the viewer an idea of her safest/evasive options to go into combos.
- I do not and will never claim these are optimized damage combos. That's not the point of the video. The point is to show how she can continue her stun strings while keeping the opponent guessing.
- And finally, this is a basics video. No tech traps, incomplete strings or any of that sort yet -- that'll come later. ;)
Thanks for watching!
Music: 176th Street (Arranged), King of Fighters '99 soundtrack