Although hemp and cannabis come from the same species, their effects on our organisms differ. And while cannabis oil has been popular for years, hemp oil is gaining popularity now. Here’s a list of benefits that come from using this oil.
Hemp seed oil is made from the seeds of cannabis, and it has been in use all over the world for thousands of years. According to scientists, hemp oil has a lot of potential benefits for our health.
And although hemp oil can supposedly do a lot, here’s what it can do for sure:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease According to research, hemp oil can reduce blood pressure, help heart recovery after an infarct, and decrease the risk of clot formation.
- Help with skin disorders Hemp oil is rich in essential fatty acids, and it can improve blood levels of them. In turn, this can reduce skin itching, make skin less dry, and help with uncomfortable symptoms of eczema.
- Reduce PMS and menopause symptoms Hemp seed oil affects the hormone prolactin that causes emotional and physical symptoms of PMS and menopause. It decreases breast tenderness and pain, irritability, fluid retention, and depression in patients, according to researchers.
- Help boost the immune system Omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids have a positive effect on the immune system as they regulate intestinal flora and build a natural barrier against disease.
- Help prevent varicose veins Every single omega-3 rich grocery and oil that you consume can thin your blood. Since hemp oil is full of omega-3 fatty acids, it has that effect, so it can help reduce blood clots and varicose veins.
- Help relieve arthritis pain Hemp seed oil causes inflammation reduction, which in turn provides arthritis pain relief. According to research, this oil can reduce arthritis symptoms by incredible 25%.