LJN and Rare teamed up for this 1990 handheld title.
This is my best run of this game. I only get hit 4 times. A flawless run is highly possible.
I noticed that the audio was out of sync when I reviewed my run. I apologize. I don't know what can be done about this. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
If you read the reviews for this game on Gamefaqs, then you would likely think that this was some sort of incredibly difficult piece of trash.
I couldn't disagree more.
I think it's fun and challenging. It might be more reserved for fans of Spidey but it's still a pretty decently put together Game Boy title for its time.
I kept the dialogue scenes because I think they're funny. Cheesy, comic book humor. Good stuff.
The controls are actually pretty tight. You just need to learn the proper button combinations to avoid most of the hassle:
1. Short jump - Press the jump button
2. High/Long jump - Hold the jump button down (while walking and after you've taken at least of couple of steps)
3. Punch - Press the attack button while standing
4. Jump-kick - Press the attack button while jumping
5. Low-kick - Press the attack button while kneeling.
6. Web-shot - Hold down the attack button while standing or kneeling
7. Web-swing - Hold down the jump button while doing a high jump (You can let go of the jump button once you are swinging). Press left or right to swing once (hold down left or right to keep swinging, let go of them to just hang). Press down to get back on the ground.
8. Web-swing kick - Press the attack button while swinging
9. Web-swing web-shot - Hold down the attack button while swinging
You should also become acquainted with the 4 items in the game. Three of them are dropped by thugs (You must be underneath them when they drop to obtain them):
1. Circular thing - Gives you points
2. Web cartridge - Gives you more webs
3. Web changer - Cycles through four different types of web shots (When you pick up a fifth web changer, you will go back to type-1)
4. Hamburgers - They refill about 1/3 of your health (Visibly placed in specific spots throughout the game)
-Played on a Visual Boy Advance emulator
-No cheats or savestates were used
-Played at full speed