Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Oct 4, 2009
*WE CALLED THE FIRE DEPARTMENT FOR SAFETY AND THE ELECTRIC COMPANY BEFORE WE STARTED FILMING!!!!!*
My husband and I stopped to look at some pallets about a block from our house and my husband heard weird buzzing. The tree across the street was blowing into a high voltage power line and catching on fire. We called the Bellingham FIRE DEPARTMENT about 10 minutes before we started filming- many people called. (Puget Sound Energy was also called) They showed up about 5 minutes after we stopped filming. They missed the big show!
No one got hurt. The power was out for a few hours while the tree was cut down. The family that lived in the house next to the tree evacuated long before we started filming.
What an insane thing to see. Neighbours from 4+ blocks away were coming to see what was going on because they could FEEL and hear the first explosion. Nuts.