Loading...

How to safely use a generator

398 views

Loading...

Loading...

Transcript

The interactive transcript could not be loaded.

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Aug 24, 2018

The proper handling of portable generators ensures your safety. In a power outage, a portable generator may be needed. But be careful - if not used properly, generators can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, electric shock, or fire.

If you run a portable generator in a power outage, follow these safety guidelines:

NEVER use a generator in an enclosed or partially enclosed space.
Generators produce high levels of carbon monoxide quickly. You cannot smell or see carbon monoxide. It can be deadly.
If you feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator, find fresh air right away. If you feel seriously ill, seek immediate medical attention. Inform medical staff you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning. If you became ill indoors, let the fire department determine when it is safe to re-enter the building.

Loading...

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...