How to make Bison Steak Frites. Get 15% off your bison order by copying this link into your browser: www.highplainsbison.com/classicbison
1 large sweet potato, sliced into 1/4 inch sticks
1/4 tsp of ginger
1/4 tsp of corriander
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of cumin
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/4 tsp of salt
a pinch of cloves
1/4 tsp of cardomon
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
2 bison ribeye steaks
2 tbsp of cider vinegar
2 tbsp of apple cider
1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of celery seed
1 tbsp of granulated garlic
1/4 cup of safflower oil
1. In a large bowl combine the sweet potato, ginger, corriander, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, salt, cloves, cardomon, and extra virgin olive oil. Then toss to evenly coat the fries.
2. Spread them out evenly on a baking sheet and place in a preheated 425F oven. They should take about 30-35 minutes to cook.
3. Brush the ribeye steaks with extra virgin olive oil so they don't stick to the grill and season with cracked black pepper and salt-make sure you get both sides.
4. Place the steaks on a preheated grill pan and cook for a total of 7-8 minutes, flipping once.
5. While the steaks rest, assemble the frisse and watercress salad. Add the washed greens to a large bowl and combine with the cider vinegar, apple cider, brown sugar, celery seed, granulated garlic and safflower oil. Toss then season with salt and pepper.
6. Plate the salad and garnish with fresh blueberries.
7. When the potatoes are done, slice the steak. Remember when slicing the steak to cut against the grain-this ensures that the meat will stay tender and juicy.
8. Add the sliced steak on top of the sweet potato and plate the salad.