PATTERN SHEET: https://goo.gl/1F7CDF
QUILT ALONG PLAYLIST: https://goo.gl/l6wjFm
Yay! Block six is finally here! A day late, but still here! Yay!
So this is block that I warned you about that could be a bit tricky for some to piece. But with the pattern sheet as guide and my tutorial to show you how to piece it, I think you'll have no worries making it! Just take your time and watch your seams!
So this variation of the Mill Wheel Block is pieced together completely out of HST - 16 to be exact - and are laid out in a way that it should, if you squint your eyes, have a pinwheel type design flowing through it. I think you'll only really see this if you use two contrasting fabrics/colours in your HSTs. (This theory has been untested.) If you don't want to use contrasting colours then that's cool, you'll just end up with a really pretty block that has a lovely X type design to it! :)
MEASUREMENT & CUTTING INFO:
- From the background fabric cut: x8: 4” squares (to be made into HSTs)
- From the Minaret print fabric cut: x5: 4” squares (to be made into HSTs)
- From the Dandelion fabric cut: x3: 4” squares (to be made into HSTs)
FINAL BLOCK SIZE: 12.5" square
- Background: Cotton Supreme Solid in Blue Skies by RJR Fabrics
- Minaret: From the range, The Sultan’s Garden by Mary McGuire for RJR Fabrics
- Dandelion: From the range, XOXO Basics by Cotton+Steel
A big thanks to Australian wholesale supplier and fabric distributer 'Dayview Textiles' for supplying me with these beautiful fabrics! To learn more you can check out their website here: http://goo.gl/Pv8Dwg
TOOLS & NOTIONS:
- Brother Innovis 200QE sewing machine
- Brother 1/4" sewing foot
- Gutermann polyester thread
- OLFA Cutting Mat
- Fiskars Rotary Blade (28mm) & thread snips
- Sew Easy Rulers (4.5" set square)
- June Tailor 12.5" Get-Square Ruler http://goo.gl/dxm7Tk
- Birch Non-Melt Flower Head Quilting Pins
- Philips Azur Steam Iron
Don't forget to share your finished blocks with me! All of the links to where you can find me are listed below! :)
This is Block 6 of 9 in a Quilt Along series that I’m featuring on my YouTube channel and will be made into a HST Sampler Quilt. If you would like to know more about the series, check out this blog post I wrote: http://goo.gl/oXyrhr
Redwood Trail by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/...)
SUBSCRIBE | http://goo.gl/j9EB3s
You can also find me here...
QUILTING BLOG | http://3and3quarters.net
FACEBOOK | http://goo.gl/elqa4l
TWITTER | https://twitter.com/3and3quarters
INSTAGRAM | http://instagram.com/3and3quarters
PINTEREST | http://www.pinterest.com/3and3quarter...
TUMBLR | http://amandarolfe.tumblr.com
ETSY SHOP | https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/3and3qua...
EMAIL | email@example.com
Thanks for watching!! xx