How-to make sugar cookies. This is a simple recipe for sugar cookies that you can make all year round as a dessert or just a sweet treat.
2 sticks of softened butter
1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of almond extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cream of tartar
1/4 tsp of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl combine softened butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg and blend together.
3. In a second medium bowl add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and whisk.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
5. Stir just to combine.
6. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half to 1/4 inch thickness.
8. Cut the cookies into your desired shapes with cookie cutters.
9. Place them on lightly oiled or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Separate them by about 1 inch.
10. Next, sprinkle the shapes with granulated or colored sugar.
11. Bake at 375 F for 7-8 minutes, until edges are light brown.
12. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.