We broke one of the RCA connectors off a Russound CAV for a demonstration of the flammability of the CAV6.6. We ignited the plastic with a resistor that represents a common component failure.
This is less than 1/50th of the flammable plastic exposed to component failure in the Russound CAV. Tested Safe by TUV Rheinland of North America. You can imagine a fire many times that large occurring somewhere in your house. If allowed to burn to it's conclusion the fire would have been at least 50 times larger as all the plastic would be consumed.
My fire was reported as "not burning outside the cabinet" but in fact fire was coming out from the RCA jacks and other connectors in the back. The top circuit board was almost burned through and the spacers on top of the board had already burned from the heat. The amount of toxic smoke quickly produced is incredible.
This site is a search for information as well as a presentation of information, so feel free to email me if you have any insight why consumer electronics can catch fire or no consumer can tell whether their products are safe from looking at the safety markings on the product.